kids

kids

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's new with Lila

Lila loves to hang out on Grandma's or Mommy's knees. Not only does she get to look at her favorite people this way, but she also has a great view of everything around her.


Here's a video I took of Lila while she was sitting with Grandma on one of the barstools (a favorite location for Grandma). Grandma got Lila to giggle on camera, but it is very, very subtle. John is talking loudly in the background, too, so you'll need to turn the volume up on this one.

Giggling Lila from Sarah Schuchard on Vimeo.

Here's Lila kicking back on Mommy's knees and telling Mommy a story. Lila loves to talk, just like Mommy!

More cooing from Sarah Schuchard on Vimeo.


Lila got the most adorable winter hat EVER from Ma Bonnie and Papa Jeff. She looks so cute in it, but she hates having it on. She doesn't like having anything on her head, really. She gets sweaty very quickly (just like Mommy).


Lila is amazingly good at tummy time.....leaps and bounds above where John was with tummy time when he was 3.5 months old. Now we will actually play a little bit while she's on her tummy. I like to angle the mirror in front of her so she can see herself.


This is a video I got of Lila during tummy time. She'd been on her tummy looking at her activity cube for a few minutes before I turned the camera on, so she was tired after a minute or two of filming. But you can see that she is keeping her arms pretty straight, which is not that easy to do when you're her age!

Tummy time from Sarah Schuchard on Vimeo.



This is a photo of Lila in the infant insert part of her Ergo carrier before I strapped her onto my chest. Surprisingly, Lila doesn't really like being in the Ergo anymore. My life would be so much easier right now if she did. I've even tried using our other carrier, which is like a Baby Bjorn. I just think she wants to face out now that she is older! While her head control is very, very good (I hardly have to hold her head at all anymore), it's not quite good enough yet to put her in the carrier facing out. I bet she'll be ready in a few more weeks.


We've really stepped up the playtime for Lila. She's awake so much more during the day now, and I try to fit in some playtime during each of her wakeful periods. I am amazed at how well she does when I pull her up to a sitting position. She keeps her head completely level with her shoulders (see video below)! And, when she reaches the sitting position, she is almost strong enough to maintain the position by herself! I am so impressed. I think the tripod sit is just around the corner for her.


Lila is also very close to rolling over on her own (from her back to her tummy). When I put her down on a blanket, she often rolls onto her left side right away. I'll gently push her into position on her tummy and then prop her arms up for her. Lila actually started rolling onto her left side more than a month ago, but I forgot to write down the actual day. To be completely accurate, the first time Lila ever rolled onto her side was when she was in the NICU. Every night, the nurses would strip her down to her birthday suit (to get the most accurate reading), and the minute they'd put her on the cold metal scale, she'd flail her arms and kick her legs so hard that she'd roll onto her side. (It took FOREVER to weigh her because the scale wouldn't register with so much movement.)




Pulling to a sitting position from Sarah Schuchard on Vimeo.

I can't believe Lila will be four months old in less than two weeks! I'm anxious to find out how much she's grown in the last month -- her next well-baby appointment is on the 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers