kids

kids

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mommy's new endeavor

I am very, very excited to report that I've signed up for a free 30-day trial of the Muzzy German Language Course for Children -- not for me, of course, but for John (and Lila, when she's a little older)! If you've never heard of Muzzy before, take a look at their website:http://www.early-advantage.com. They also have programs in Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Portuguese.

I've always wanted to start teaching the kids German at an early age, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. When I started doing some research about teaching toddlers a second language, I rediscovered the Muzzy program, which my high school German classes used (in part). I think John will really enjoy learning another language. Just for fun, I taught him four words in German this past week -- dog (Hund), sheep (Schaf), train (Zug) and plane (Flugzeug). He understands what I'm talking about when I use the words in context, and he has produced Hund and Zug on his own numerous times.

I'm sure I'll have funny stories to share on the blog once John and I get started with Muzzy. I can't wait to see how he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers