kids

kids

Monday, July 5, 2010

Swimming in the backyard

John and I are really enjoying the summer weather here in Illinois. Even on a so-called "hot" day, it's still at least 10 degrees cooler than it is in Texas!

Grandma Kay Ellen has two huge trees in her backyard that cover the lawn in shade for most of the afternoon, so that's where we've been putting John's water table and the inflatable pool we borrowed from the next-door neighbors. It is so nice to be able to be outside whenever we want, even in the middle of the day!

I snapped some pics of John in the pool on Saturday. He wanted to stand the whole time! I guess the water was too chilly for him to want to sit down, even though we added hot water to it.

"What do we have here.....a boat?"

"Let me just take the sail off this boat....."

"Boy, this sail sure is fun to play with!"


"Uh-oh, I dropped it!"


"Oh never mind, look at that go-go (plane) in the sky!"


"Ok, Mom. I'll look at the camera for you, but I'm not going to smile. I'm playing serious today."


"I'm bored outside, so I guess I'll come inside to play with my golf club."


"Nothing is wrong, but I'm still making the 'I'm upset' face."


"Oh wait. Opening and closing the screen door is way more fun that dragging the golf club on the floor."


"I guess I'll go back to the swimming pool after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers