kids

kids

Monday, March 7, 2011

Lila in her nursery

Slowly but surely, Lila's nursery is coming together. Grandma and I hung her letters a few weeks ago, along with a lovely embroidered baby announcement that Ross' Aunt Gerry made and framed for her (she made one for John, too, when he was born). The walls are still pretty bare, but I figure it doesn't make much sense at this point to hang anything else, since we'll be moving out in June.


I really love the crib we got for Lila (thanks, Steph, for putting it together when you were here in August!). It's actually the same brand as John's, Million Dollar Baby, but it has a much lower profile than John's. It's been wonderful not to have to bend down so far to lay her down. The toddler bed conversion rail came with the crib, too (we had to order John's separately).



My inspiration for the nursery was this really colorful blanket I bought for Lila at Babies R Us back in July. I wanted the bedding to have a lot of greens, yellows and pinks, with a little bit of blue, and I found a good match in a Pottery Barn quilt with flowers and chicks. It is very sweet. I didn't buy the whole bedding set because Lila's crib is too low to the ground for a bedskirt and bumpers make me nervous.


My mom's neighbors gave us the white furniture (two nightstands, a mirror, a long dresser and a tall dresser), and I love it. Originally, the furniture was this strange yellow color, but my mom took off all the hardware and spray-painted it to match the crib. The furniture will definitely grow with Lila. I wish we could take the chair and ottoman with us, too, but they are my mom's. It is so comfortable to nurse in!


So, just how cute is the outfit Lila is wearing?! I am obsessed with polka dots for her. And not just for her clothing -- her crib sheets are polka-dotted, as are the chicks and the trim on her quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers